Wednesday, October 31, 2012

How do you imagine Jesus?



Anything like this? 
Rev. 1:12-16  12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I sawseven golden lampstands; 13 and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like [a]a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. 14 His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. 15 His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. 16 In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun [b]shining in its strength.

I surely don't! Although it makes me smile and shudder at the same time. I don't know why. Maybe because Jesus died on the cross for me and he is pure glory in this image. I shudder too, though, because it's a CREEPY vision of what I could come across in Heaven!

Talk about a halloween costume! ;) 

The weird part is Daniel saw the same being when he needed help. Daniel 10:5-6. Could it have been God coming down in a preview of Jesus's future form? Or just another heavenly being? 

I don't know, and won't until heaven, but it this description came up twice in the bible. And hundreds of years apart. Must be important.

Either way, how do you view Jesus? I definitely viewed him as this world does, but maybe with a warmth in his eyes that says... 'I love you. I'll show you how much I love you..'

I have been studying Revelations and it has me enamored! (great word huh?)
Phil 4:23 the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, 
sam

No comments:

Post a Comment