Thursday, August 16, 2012

Double Take on PB&J

Most kids love simple foods.

Mac n'cheese. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches. Spaghetti. Grilled Cheese sandwich.

And for lunch the mom doesn't want to make an elaborate meal, since that is what she does for dinner. So she gives into those likes, having almost the same 4 or 5 meals for every lunch.

I don't mind it. The kids eat those and I have left overs. We have great lunchtime relationship.

But I feel like they are getting tired of just PB&J sandwiches. So I decided to do a different take on the classic. I just have to clarify, these were from my OWN ideas, though I'm sure the same things are on pinterest, or online somewhere.   ;)

Actually, here are 2 different takes on the Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches! Enjoy!



PB&J mexican style!

Tortillas, Peanut Butter, homemade Jelly (or store bought)

 Spread

 Roll, place with edge down otherwise it will unroll as they cook. Bake at 350 for a few minutes until golden brown. 


 My second take
Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, PB and J. Flatten out biscuit, spread and fold over. Do not fill too full or it will break open while baking. I would say, a spread of PB and a teaspoon of Jelly. I never measure

 Crimp. Careful not to puncture a whole, or the jelly will bake out. 

 Bake until golden brown. 375 for 15 minutes or so. 

 See... I'm not perfect. Obviously I didn't not crimp hard enough. They are PB&J clams. 

Kids absolutely loved them!! Definitely kid approved! 

1 comment:

  1. Both are awesome and I'm going to do thar soon for Andy and I!!

    ReplyDelete