Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Encourage

Since putting our old home on the market,  I have really been praying for God to show me my weaknesses, to help me with them, and to soften and mold my heart.

Although it was a joyous time, it was very stressful as well. My weaknesses really crept up and took control. Things like my temper and impatience.

Let's just say, my heart is mush for God to mold however now. I love this feeling of vulnerability to God. Acting so strong is very tiring.

But in all this, I have been focusing on what my husband could do better. Not what he's already great at. Yes, I am supposed to respectfully and lovingly talk to him, to let him know what I see going on. I am not supposed to brood on them though, and that has been my downfall.

Today I was praying for Jason and I thought of this:

Encourage his strengths;
Pray for his weaknesses.

 Deut. 1:38 says, "But your assistant, Joshua son of Nun, will enter it (the land flowing of milk and honey). Encourage him because he will lead Israel to inherit it."

That's such a great picture of what Jason is to our home. He leads our home. He is the head of this household just as Joshua would be head of Israel.

Joshua would lead God's people back to the promised land. His strength was leadership, just like Moses. Moses was now to encourage him in this.

Jason leads this family, and I am to encourage him. Our husbands strength is leadership, at least leadership in the family, and we, as wives, are to encourage this and many other strengths they have.

I can bring up things that bother me to Jason, but I truly need to think about it first. Does it bother me because that's not how I see Jason leading the family, or does it bother me because it's not biblical and I need to reveal this to him.

I will leave you with this:

Proverbs 19:13
A foolish child is a calamity to a father;
    a quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping.



No comments:

Post a Comment