Friday, November 4, 2011

Knock, Knock

Who's there?
Tank
Tank who?
Your welcome
------Nevaeh's joke for trick or treat!

Did you know that telling jokes is special to Des Moines? I found this out from friends who are not from here when they said it was ridiculous! I was amazed telling jokes isn't a national thing, or even an Iowa thing.

Nevaeh went out trick or treating for the first time this year and she got a good haul of candy... something my hips do not need (yet, I still eat it)! She had a blast, but doing anything with just daddy is always a blast with her.

I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Not because I'm a Christian and it's bad, but because I don't like all things creepy. I despise scary movies, even commercials I have to close my eyes (and plug my ears!). I don't like mascots, Cubbie bear (at I-cubs) will never get a hello from me. You don't think its creepy that strangers come and give you hugs dressed in giant costumes?? I do!

So Halloween and me don't mix well. But, hey, we get free candy out of it and Nevaeh had a great time with daddy.

Here are a few pics of festivity fun and some kid crafts we have been doing. I have some recipes and mama's DIY projects coming up next week, so stay tuned!

I do love to carve pumpkins though!

 Yummy... I don't know what he was eating.. probably pumpkin

 Last year Nevaeh had no fear and picked a handful of grossness. This year, nope, nothing.

 Top to bottom: Jason's, mine, Nevaeh's (left), Gray's (right). Nevaeh specifically asked for triangles and a rectangle. The skin on our pumpkins were, no joke, half a centimeter thick, making it extremely hard to carve them!

 My little ballerina (recycled this years swimming suit) and dragon. 

 My handsome men!

 A good friend planned a huge Harvest Party for lost of ladies and kiddos at church... waiting for the fun to start.

 Yay, it started!



kids crafts

 Target had foam shapes for $1 and I just cut up some construction paper and she did her thing. I also introduced skinny markers to her, and they are wonderful for toddlers! 


 Noah's ark, rip and glue pictures! I asked her what she remember from the story and she said, "It rained for 40 days and 40 nights."

 Today we made leaf turkeys. She had fun picking out leaves and gluing them on. She drew the sun, grass and flowers. She also wrote the "N" for her name (i wrote the rest). 

 Leaf Turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment