Wednesday, July 18, 2012

so good!

I just had to share this recipe with you! It's pinterest inspired, but what isn't these days??

It is so simple and quick enough, we had it for an after-nap snack. The granola part is yummy enough to make on its own for yogurt, cereal, or anything else you like!

Not to mention, it's pretty healthy.

Granola topped baked apples!

  • 3-4 apples
  • 4 1/2 Tbs butter melted ( I used 3 Tbs butter, and 1 1/2 Tbs coconut oil)
  • 1/2 cup oats 
  • a little less than 1/2 cup wheat flour (it actually calls for all-purpose flour, but we used this and it was great. If you use all-purpose, use a full 1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ginger

Cut the apple in half. Core the middle out. Combine the other ingredients and spoon on top. Bake 350 for 30 minutes. 

So good. Next time I'm going to cut the apples up a little more and sprinkle the granola on top. These were great, but I had to cut them up anyway for the kiddos.



Also, I have seen so many activities where the kids just stick something in play-doh. That's it. I finally did that with Gray and he loved it. Amazing what keeps them entertained. He did this forever and it was great because it let me sit and catch my breath today. 


1 comment: