Monday, March 25, 2013

A crown of thorns

I have not posted in a very long while, but I could not pass up posting about my favorite holiday: EASTER!!

The love I feel from God every day is overwhelming, and during Easter time I am reminded how much I am loved by Jesus' death on the cross.

No man could say while dying a brutal death, "Forgive them father, for they not know what they do," except Jesus. He had a love for people and a grace for their sins that resulted with him WILLING to die for you... for me.

But we don't want to forget what happens next. Something that brings a smile to my face every time... HE CAME BACK. He came back and lived. He was not a ghost, or an angel; he was human again. The JOY that his friends must have felt!


I bought resurrection eggs for this year and they have been such a blessing in our routine. Learning about Jesus and his week before resurrecting from the dead.

Today we learned about the Crown of Thorns. Here's what we did!






I had them feel the points and how sharp they were, and how hurt Jesus must have been. This was a great way for them to see and feel what it could have been like. Nevaeh was pretty sad for Jesus when she felt how sharp just the tooth picks were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment